For executives and board members who want to move their association forward:
We have been working for associations and non-profit organisations for more than 15 years and have extensive know-how about associations. A knowledge that we are happy to pass on to you. In our practical workshops, we work together with you to develop viable concepts and help you implement them on an ongoing basis.
This approach is not only cost-effective, but also saves you valuable time and ensures the acceptance of the staff involved. This way you stay safely and consistently on course.
Verbandplus-Projects – Practical examples
We coordinate individually in advance the exact orientation of our workshops – as well as the budget and time planning.
Future Workshop / Repositioning
Verbandplus develops a sustainable concept for the repositioning of the association together with you within the framework of the workshop and with the involvement of the persons involved.
The result is a future-proof concept for your association with directly usable statements on member services, marketing and PR & communication. You are holding a roadmap in your hands in order to adjust your resources in a targeted manner in order to achieve sustainable success quickly.
Of course, we can also guide you during the implementation and ongoing implementation of your project.
- Strengths and weaknesses analyses (“SWOT” analyses)
- Market research and members’ surveys
- Positioning in the competition environment (Future-workshop)
- Moderation of the the development process between the management and the advisory board
- Optimising of the cooperation between the full time officers and the volunteers
- “Outside-in-perspective” and best-practice-know-how
- Managing and documenting the consulting process
- Monitoring and moderating processes of association mergers
Membership contribution, degree of organisation and members retention
Verbandplus analyses your existing contribution system and makes recommendations for improvements. We prove our market intuition and sales sense especially when identifying further sources of income.
A high level of organisation is still the irreplaceable basis in the struggle for influence and public perception. This makes it all the more important to regularly examine one’s own membership structure. Do we still represent a sufficiently large group, or have new actors even established themselves on the left and right, which are becoming dangerous for us? There is not always sufficient time in everyday business or the critical distance to answer these questions is missing.
Member loyalty depends on many factors. We identify reasons for leaving and receive a lot of useful information about weaknesses through a systematic evaluation. As a neutral mediator we can help to win back individual members.
- Review of the existing contribution system
- Evaluation of existing services for efficiency and acceptance
- Identifying additional sources of income
- Structural analysis of members and member segmentation
- Elaboration of a series of measures for recruiting new members
- Identification of exit reasons
- Derivation of appropriate countermeasures
Benefits for your members
The expectations of your members towards your association have steadily increased in the past. And much faster than before, membership is up for disposal if the range of services no longer meets expectations.
Not only the scope of the included association services plays a role here, but increasingly also soft factors such as the promptness and friendliness of the service provision. In the future, the lasting success of associations will be determined to a greater extent by their ability to recognise new requirements and to provide appropriate services quickly. This is sometimes not an easy process, as traditional services often have to be terminated in a sensible way.
We support you during the entire process, including the communication with your members.
- Analysis of current services for profitability and acceptance
- Comparing the use and appreciation of member services
- Identification of required future services
- Potential for optimization in the supply of member services (benchmark)
Optimisation of your association processes
Verbandplus evaluates your business processes for coherence and effectiveness. A reduced number of interfaces leads to fewer errors and increases the motivation of the employees involved in the work process. We provide the necessary information where digitalisation increases efficiency in the long term but also where manual processing is to be preferred.
This often means that not only the procedures have to be redesigned in a process-oriented way, but also that the different attitudes and behaviour of the employees involved have to be brought together and focused on the common goal.
Thus, associations sustainably increase their competitiveness and standing in the market.
- Evaluation of business processes, business procedures and the association structure
- Analysis and structuring of tasks and functions
- Calculation of processing times and staff requirements
- Evaluation of the options: service company versus outsourcing
- Differentiation of tasks between headquarter and divisions
- Optimisation of the cooperation between the full-time and the voluntary work
- Implementation of the agreed actions
That’s what others say about us:
»As an association, we need from time to time project-related support in order to integrate external know-how and/or capacity constraints. Here the experts of Verbandplus are quickly and reliably at our side.«
»International consulting projects require intercultural empathy, a functioning network and a critical eye for what is feasible, in addition to professional know-how. In all these aspects, Verbandplus has been proven us time and again.«